Monday, April 23, 2012

Injury


Today I got to feel like a rich American - I chose drugs over the less-expensive foot brace because I don't want my year-long foot injury to slow me down. I declined the MRI, though.

Over a year ago, I injured my foot on the elliptical.  It's mostly healed, but the pain has never completely subsided.  Today my option was foot brace or drugs.  I chose drugs, and my foot is still numb.

I have to stay off my foot for 7-10 days.  No playing on my new elliptical, no walking, and no crazy new thing like rock climbing.  Kate will actually make sure I follow this strict routine - I'm not sure if that's "fortunately" or "unfortunately".  I'm sure tired of the injury, but I'm already anxious to get up and MOVE. 

Hopefully at the end of the week, I'll be pain-free for the first time in more than a year!  I can't wait to hike without limping for days afterwards.  Until then, though, I'll have to be extra careful about what I eat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment