Sunday, April 29, 2012

Local produce



Yesterday we had cheese and homemade hummus sandwiches for lunch because I won't eat the rice I made four days ago - it's too dry.  I'm a bit of a food snob/environmental hippie, and won't eat produce out of season and am eagerly awaiting summer's produce.  I'm excited that tomatoes will soon be bountiful, and I can have yummy tomato, bean, and corn salads again.  Those are the best.

In the meantime I'm trying to muddle my way through the end of the season.  I'm glad that fewer and fewer greens are coming in our weekly Farm Fresh to You vegetable box.  I like the idea of eating local produce, but I still don't know what to do with this week's cabbage and radishes...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Margee! I wanted to let you know that I created a facebook group for the 30 Day Challenge. Find me on facebook and add me as a friend (Erin H Mount), and I'll add you to the group! I'm so glad you want to join in!

    ReplyDelete